Oklahoma Cannabis History
Previously, 2015’s HB 2154 authorized the sale of CBD oil with less than 0.3% THC, manufactured from industrial hemp.
Oklahoma Child-Resistant Packaging Rules
Required information on Oklahoma’s medical marijuana packaging includes:
- THC potency
- Terpenoid potency
- The following government warning statements for labeling:
- “This product has been tested for contaminants.”
- “Women should not use marijuana or medical marijuana products during pregnancy because of the risk of birth defects.”
- “Keep out of reach of children.”
- Oklahoma Uniform Symbol
- All packages and individually packaged product units, including but not limited to those from bulk packaging, must contain the Oklahoma Uniform Symbol (or universal symbol) in clear and plain sight. The universal symbol must be printed no smaller than 1⁄2 inch x 1⁄2 inch (recommended .06” x .085”) in size and be red in color with black text
Child-resistant packaging requirements include the following:
- All medical marijuana and medical marijuana products must be packaged in child-resistant packages containers at the point of sale or other transfer to a patient, a patient’s parent or legal guardian if patient is a minor, or a caregiver. Child-resistant packaging:
- Must be designed or constructed to be significantly difficult for children under five (5) years of age to open and not difficult for normal adults to use properly as defined by 16 C.F.R. 1700.15 (1995) and 16 C.F.R. 1700.20 (1995).
- Opaque so that the outermost packaging does not allow the product to be seen without opening the packaging material.
- Resealable to maintain its child-resistant effectiveness for multiple openings for any product intended for more than a single use or containing multiple servings.
Useful Links for Oklahoma Cannabis Regulations
Oklahoma Cannabis Growers Application
Editor's Note: Status as of 4/6/2021
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | Washington D.C. | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming